Monday 22 April 2013

ramble on....

Ahhh, that time of the year, where I embrace my home sickness even more so. The springtime and the promise of summer fun, and I am in the wrong country. Both places have their pros and cons, but as I get older, the more I appreciate the things I got to grow up with.
And the fact that outdoor living isn't much of a thing here. When it gets sunny and warm (that happens very rarely) the only thing that you see, is windows open and music blaring out. No people walking or kids playing outside. There'll be pandemonium of people at the beach tho, as it's normal to see kids in their bikinis in March when you get the first sunny and warmish day, because they know, it doesnt happen that often...Hah!

I want to go home. To the country. Near a lake. I want a sauna. I want my friggin' ryebread and all the other goods I miss.
I want salmiakki, I want to go swimming in the lakes and the sea without the fear of finding myself in bloody Norway or dying of hypothermia.

-mrs.bitchin'

No comments:

Post a Comment