Friday 8 March 2013

some thoughts..

So, today is women's day.
I'm not that fussed.

However, seeing some peoples reaction, has got me thinking, what in the world is happening to people?
Men complain that it's not fair, and women complain that men don't understand.
Throughout history, patriarchy has been the way to go, so maybe give women some slack. Also the fact that even today where we are supposedly equal, women still have to conform into certain beauty moulds. Big boobs, make up, big hair, small bum, revealing clothing. And don't forget that whether you want it or not, men are still gonna tell women their opinions on looks, bodytype etc.
I don't see headlines about criticising the way male politicians dress, or how male celebrities have put on weight etc...
I find it all just a big joke. I don't take it seriously. Because if I did, I'd go mad.
I'm very opinionated, and have strong expressions on certain matters, and offend people easily with the honesty.
Men don't have it easy either. When it comes to court cases, women are always better off, even in cases where this isn't true. And there are evil men about, but damn right there are evil women too.
So there we have become equal, the evilness. Also stupidity.
Btw, designer high heels aren't that special. Anybody can slap on crap with a gluegun and make a cheap high heel look pretty. Let's get a designer step up and make normal, functional shoes beautiful!
I don't like high heels. They are uncomfortable, they are really bad for your feet, (hello bunyons) they can really alter your posture, but not always in the good way, and remember ladies, when you can't walk with them, swinging about like a sick moose is not, I repeat, NOT a good look.

But anyhoo, may this day be just general appreciation to your surroundings, friends,family, loved ones near and far, and leave the gift demands, and have a cuppa and a cuddle instead.

over and out.

Mrs.C

No comments:

Post a Comment